Thursday, March 14, 2013

Shoemint

I've been signed up with Shoemint for awhile now and regularly get their emails full of all kinds of tempting goodies in the way of heels, flats, wedges, boots etc...pretty much anything you would wear on your feet, as well as handbags. I've always been tempted but for whatever reason never ordered anything...seriously, I don't know why I waited so long. 
 My first purchase was Ariana (all the shoes have woman's names), these fun edgy black boots (they also come in white) that were on a great sale. Regularly $119.99, they were on for $59.99, so half price, and they are made of real leather.



Rachel Bilson collaborated with stylist Nicole Chavez and shoe guru Steve Madden to start Shoemint. If you have worn or own Steve Madden shoes than you know how they fit your feet. I have a couple of pairs so knew what size I needed to order for myself and when they arrived they fit perfectly. One thing I really like about Shoemint is that they offer some hard to find sizes, all the way from 5 to 11 (including half sizes). I have big feet, I have always been a 10 and then I had children and while I can still usually fit a 10 they are often a little on the snug side, 10 and a half is perfect, but dang is it hard to find that size...Shoemint has it. Another thing I like is that every shoe has a mini video with it so you can see what it looks like on someone's foot, love that.

So how does it work? You sign up to be a Shoemint member and take their style quiz, they then put together a showroom for you every month, and send you an email when it's ready. Most shoes are $79.98, some are more (boots for example), and you can always shop the sale section for some really good deals. If you decide there is nothing you like than you skip the month for no charge, and you can always cancel your membership at any time if it's not what you thought it was.
My only complaint is shipping of course but that is always my complaint...shipping to Canada, and even within Canada is always so expensive, much cheaper if you live in the US, and in fact if you are in the US than Shoemint shipping is free. I paid $20 for these boots.

The shoes arrived by Purolator in about a week, so pretty fast shipping, and I was so excited to see the box at my door. :)


I think the shoebox itself is so pretty and will be using it to store the shoes in my closet.



The shoes were well packed, cardboard between the shoes, and lots of stuffing inside to keep the shape.




Overall, I'm very happy and the shoes fit perfectly and are super comfortable.



Here are a few other styles I'm coveting.....

Brenda you have seen me post before because I'm in love with this shoe...drool....



 These cute red flats are Ahlberg, and would look great with skinny jeans, or boyfriend jeans and a white button up oxford style shirt.

Love these blue loafers (Mona) and they are on a great sale right now, only $39.99.

 And I love these heels called Shiva, they also come in a gorgeous hot pink colour.

This is just a very small sample of what is available so go ahead, have a look around and see if there is anything you like.

You collect Mintsider reward points with every shoe you purchase (10 points for every dollar you spend) and you also get points if people sign up through your referral. The points are used towards future purchases, so if you decide you would like to sign up I would appreciate the nod in my direction, you can use this link here: Shoemint sign up

Hope you had a great Thursday, Pinspiration Friday tomorrow! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment