Monday, March 18, 2013

Motivation Monday

I did it! I hit my first 10 pound goal (and yes the Glam Glow is on it's way)! It's taken a lot of perseverance to get here.  I really believe that getting through the first month is the hard part. You know what they say...




and I completely agree. I would typically get to two weeks before I would decide it wasn't worth the denial of delicious food and say who cares (I did actually...care that is, and I would hate myself for giving up). It has now been four weeks and it's starting to feel like routine, smaller meals, almost no sugar, minimal carbs and getting exercise every single day. It's not falling off but it's definitely working and while I wouldn't say it's easy, it's doable, and is getting easier. It all comes back to that habit forming thing.
I'm forming good eating and exercising habits that will just become a part of my lifestyle. I'm glad I'm doing this now rather than later because I'm finding that it's harder to get the weight off now than it was when I was younger. It's far from impossible of course but it's easier when your metabolism is on your side.

And one final quote on forming good habits:

"Any act often repeated soon forms a habit; and habit allowed, steady gains in strength. At first it may be but as a spider's web, easily broken through, but if not resisted it soon binds us with chains of steel."
- Tryon Edwards

So there you go friends, just get that first month under your belt and it will get easier. It's worth it! I can't wait for the next 10lbs. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment