Friday, March 22, 2013

Pinspiration Friday


My Pinterest inspiration this week came in the form of a recipe, namely this Skinny Shrimp Bowl. I posted this picture to the RTFASAHM Facebook page with good results so I hope you try out the recipe, it's so good!


I actually pinned this recipe early last year but it somehow got lost in the shuffle of constant recipe pins and I never tried it out. What pinning it did do however was lead me to one of my favourite blogs called  
 The Londoner. This girl leads the most amazing life and if after reading this post you don't want to immediately jump on a plane to Fiji than you must just hate wonderful warm beachy vacations, but back to the recipe....

I changed things only a little from the original recipe which can be found here:

2 cups of beef broth ( I used powdered bouillon to make it)
handful of chopped scallions
handful of chopped cilantro
two splashes of fish sauce
half a cup of frozen corn
200g of peeled and thawed 31- 40 prawns (shrimp to the rest of the world)

Mix all ingredients together except the prawns and bring to a boil. Once boiling add prawns and cook until pink and cooked through. Enjoy this huge bowl of delicious soup for about 250 calories (it was my dinner on Wednesday night).



It's lovely and sunny here today (but cold...brrrr!), a beautiful Friday to head into a fun weekend with out of town family visiting. I can't wait to see them and I hope you have a great weekend too.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment