Friday, April 25, 2014

Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara review

I know I know....its been a looooong time since I've posted, but a recent haul from Sephora meant that I just had to blog.
I bought quite a few things but what sparked the trip itself was Too Faced's Better Than Sex mascara, you know with a name like that I had to try it.
I love the packaging, the soft rose gold colour is so pretty and thanks to the popularity of things like the Naked 3 palette from Urban Decay this colour is everywhere.
The wand is shaped like an hourglass in homage to the sexy screen sirens of the past, but the middle part doesn't tuck in so far that you can't get the wand to reach your lashes.....a pet peeve of mine.

 I tried it the same night I got it home (excited much?) and was really happy to find that it not only gives you big lashes (and it does) but that it is very buildable, you can do several coats without it clumping up. I have been wearing it every day for the last week now and have found that it does get a little smudgy so I make sure and wear a primer around my eyes which really helps as it keeps the oil in your skin away from the mascara, and I also don't use it on my bottom lashes. I use a Sephora brand mascara on my bottom lashes that has some good staying power.

Look at the difference here, this is only one eye done (two coats):


And then both (three coats):


This is top lashes only as stated above. Look at the size of them...pretty amazing don't you think? Please don't judge the rest of me...I went make up free other than the mascara so you could see it in all it's glory. 

Overall I really like this mascara and would purchase it again. It doesn't make your lashes feel hard and brittle and it's easy to remove. I had purchased Benefit's They're Real mascara last year and hardly wore it because it was so hard to get off.

How about you? Have you tried this mascara? Thoughts? What is your very favourite mascara these days?


2 comments: