Friday, July 12, 2013

Pinspiration Friday!

There has been this post going around on Pinterest that I keep seeing pop up...so popular. It's a simple foot bath that's supposed to work wonders for getting rid of rough dead skin. In fact, and I quote the original post "..the dead skin will practically wipe off".

What do you need for this miracle foot bath you ask? Just vinegar and listerine and a bit of warm water.


The original post (which I would include a link to but it didn't go anywhere....just a picture with a description) called for 1/4 cup of vinegar, 1/4 cup of listerine and 1/2 cup of warm water. Now, when I read that I new that wasn't going to be enough, and I was right, it was pretty much just a drop in the foot bath bucket.
I doubled the original post's numbers and still didn't end up with much of a foot bath but it was enough to cover the bottoms of my feet and do a proper test.



I moved my feet around and rubbed them together to get the full effect.



Here are the before and afters (you can click on any picture to make it larger):









In my opinion it isn't the miracle foot soak that it claims to be. Some of the pictures show quite a difference but it would look like that soaking in water too....it's mostly just a bit of dirt (you can see quite clearly from the state of my feet I spend the summer in flip flops). It did make my feet smell fresh from the listerine though which was nice, just make sure to go easy on the vinegar...a smell I don't love all that much.

If you're looking for a really good foot soak that will get rid of your cracks and dry skin I would highly recommend this foot bath from Gehwol. I have used it many of my esthetics clients over the years and it works a treat.

Have a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment