Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Keeping motivated

It's hard to lose weight, everyone knows that and that's why so many give up. I can't tell you how many times I have started and stopped over the years. Every single time I go in all fired up with this great attitude "this is it, this will be the time I see it all the way through!", and depending on how fired up I really am it will have a 1, 2 or sometimes 3 week lifespan. I always lose some weight which is good and for the most part I haven't gone back to the original weight I started at but sometimes I have.
The Plan diet however is working for me and I think there are a couple of reasons for that. Number one, I am working it around my life and rather than being a drill sergeant about it I am acknowledging that this is life and the occasional indulgence is part of that. I don't want to live my life never being able to have the things I enjoy. I think that as long as I'm smart with my choices most of the time than a burger and fries or some ice cream isn't going to hurt.

Speaking of which we tried out the York St Diner on the weekend and I was very happy with it. It just felt like a burger and fries kind of day and they delivered that perfectly. It's a big restaurant with a vintage diner kind of vibe. The food was good and so was the service. My only wish is that they served milkshakes but alas, you can't have it all. ;)

And the second reason I think I'm doing so well on The Plan is that Chris is really on board too. He's watching what he eats and has started working out. It's WAY easier to do when you have a partner to do it with.

After we ate at the above diner I jumped on the treadmill that night and ran 5km straight through. I haven't run in weeks and I felt amazing! It also helped to stabilize me for my weigh in the next morning. Weighing in every morning has been great for me as it really keeps me on top of things.

I've been trying to get out for my 7km walks too but have only managed a couple. Now that the sun is finally here it's too hot to walk during the day. Running on the treadmill in the air conditioned house is much more appealing. 

It has taken awhile, as like I said it's very give and take as far as what you eat...some days are good and other days you eat a burger and fries at the York St Diner but this morning I weighed in at 13lbs lost so I have finally hit the teens...woohoo! That's VERY motivating, especially since I am on the cusp of getting into the next decade ( I looked it up...it just means 10 of something so it fits here) of numbers.

The important thing is to make sure your good days outnumber your bad days and to get off your butt and get some exercise.

 Remember to:


It will happen!

How's everyone else doing these days?




2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you - I have even lost about the same amount as you have. It's crazy, the more I read of your blog the more you seem like me!! So glad I found you haha! I have lost about 15 pounds since the start of the year and it has been HARD. Success is definitely not a straight line - but the secret is to never give up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tough for sure, but as you say...you just have to keep at it!

      Delete