Friday, March 15, 2013

Pinspiration Friday

I had been meaning to try this recipe (it can barely be called that it's so easy) for awhile now. After making it I know there will never be overripe bananas in my house again. The cookies only take three ingredients and are actually healthy, yes you heard me right...they are good for you..cookies.


Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.

Take two very ripe/overripe bananas and put them in a bowl.


Add one cup of quick cooking oatmeal.


Mash it all up with a fork and add a quarter cup of chocolate chips.


Mix it all together.


Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased/sprayed cookie sheet.


Bake for 15 minutes and they're done like dinner...well, like cookies...but you know what I mean.


They are best eaten warm right out of the oven and taste like you're eating banana bread. Chris wasn't such a big fan of them once they cooled but the kids and I still liked them.

There is lots of potential to jazz them up a little, instead of chocolate chips try dried cranberries, coconut, pumpkin pie spice, walnuts or almonds, pretty much whatever you feel like. They are so easy and fast that you can pull them off before sending the kiddies to school in the morning and what kid doesn't want cookies for breakfast?




I got my March Julep Maven box in the mail today (blog post to come) and this was the card included inside. Well said Lucia....

(Want to try Julep for yourself? Check it out here.)



TGIF! Hope you have a great weekend! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment