Friday, March 29, 2013

Glamglow review

It's Glamglow time!

If you have been following along with this blog you know that I have little presents lined up for myself with every 10lb weight loss. I hit my first 10lbs and that means that present number one, Glamglow was ordered. I was so excited to see this baby in the mail yesterday...


So of course I had to try it out immediately. As soon as I put the kiddies to bed I put the mask on my face...

The smell is very nice, a bit like tea (there is green tea in the product itself) and it spreads out nicely on the skin. It starts to dry on your skin immediately, you can see the little dry bits on the edges of the mask...


This is about halfway through the 10 minutes I left it on to dry. The "tingling" sensation is pretty intense, borderline stinging.


10 minutes later the mask was dry and ready to remove.


Wet a cloth with lukewarm water and begin to remove the mask using gentle circular movements. This provides a great exfoliation of the skin.


It did leave my skin a little red afterwards as you can from this picture, but my skin was unbelievably soft and smooth, and still is the next morning.


In order to calm my skin I applied another new product that I am trying out (and loving) from Josie Maran, her Argan Infinity Cream.


My overall review of Glamglow? It does what it says, gives smooth, soft and tight skin, but it is not for super sensitive skin so be careful. I will be using it once a week for a great exfoliation.

Have you tried Glamglow? What did you think?


7 comments:

  1. I tried the clearing version, and it was pretty great. I have pretty sensitive skin, so I'm only using it every two weeks or so. Still, it leaves my skin smooth, and it gets rid of the blackheads I get on my nose. I used a sample, and I still don't know if I would pay full price for it, but I really did like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Hillary. It's pricey for sure (which is why it was a weight loss treat ;) ) but it does do good work.

      Delete
  2. How does this compare to the Aztec clay mask?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Aztec clay mask, I'll have to check it out!

      Delete
    2. I love Aztec clay it burns and tingles with a thing layer of it..really tightened my pores

      Delete
  3. I love it..pricey it is, but it clears my dirty large pores easily and leaves my skin baby soft..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I use it the more I love it. It's my go to product for cleaning and exfoliating!

      Delete