Saturday, July 7, 2012

The first milestone!!

 I finally finally FINALLY budged another pound which means I am at a 10lb loss now. I've been working really hard at it and let me tell you, it's been darn hard to lose so I'm thrilled to finally feel like I've broken through. This post is pretty much loaded with photos of me. I used to hate having my picture taken, but I decided awhile ago that life it too short to worry about such silly stuff so now apparently I don't hold back. 
 Ella is my photographer extraordinaire and we work pretty well together. She may only be five but the girl is competent. 


To celebrate my first milestone I decided to get a pair of Converse shoes. I've been wanting a pair for awhile and they aren't really an expensive shoe ($55) so it felt like a good "prize". 
Now, before we get to them I did get a couple of other things..... I took the kiddies shopping for some summer clothes because up until now they haven't needed them(darn rain..) and while shopping for them I found a couple things for me. :)
 You might remember in a previous post I talked about some bermuda length denim shorts I had found at Winners that I really liked but ended up being too big. Well I found these ones that are even better and a size smaller and I LOVE them. They might be the best fitting shorts I have ever owned and will be getting a lot of use this summer. I recommend you check out your local Winners and try to snag yourself a pair. They are a little on the high waisted side but after having two children that is how I like mine. The brand is one5one and they were $24.99. The top I'm wearing is from Old Navy and only $8. I have found most Old Navy tops to be a little on the short side but this one is longer and is supposed to be a vintage style so it looks a bit washed out and is soft and loose. Great for summer, I got a couple. The sunglasses are also new as Marshall managed to ruin the ones I've been wearing so far this year but  I actually like these ones better. I like the big frames, they make me feel fabulous dahling. ;) These ones I got at The Bay and they are Nine West. They have a 30% off sunglass sale going on right now so it's a good time to go.



My sweet photographer having a laugh. :)


So here is my 10lb prize, my new Converse All Stars, Chuck Taylors, Chucks, call them what you will they have been around forever and are a classic. They come in many colours but I wanted black as they pretty much go with anything. It was a good thing too since that is what most stores carry, I think I would have better luck getting different colours online. I was actually surprised how hard these shoes were to get. Everyone seemed to carry them but they were either sold out or they didn't have my size. I finally found mine at Foot Locker.






Hope you all had a great sunny Saturday. I seriously can't get enough of this weather, it's so awesome!

6 comments:

  1. The first 10 lbs!! Yay! Good for you, you are looking hot, keep up the good work and thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been a struggle but I feel more determined than ever! :)

      Delete
  2. YAHHHHHHH...keep it going, you are inspiring to me, perhaps I will get my arse in gear.

    ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The encouragement goes both ways girl!

      Delete
  3. Great job! I know you've been working really hard on getting into shape, so inspiring to see the difference hey??? :)
    I love your retail therapy... helps me justify mine ;) Those sunglasses look great on you! And the shorts, shirt, shoes! haha
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always love to help others justify shopping. ;P Thanks for the cudos! :)

      Delete