Thursday, July 5, 2012

Canada Day weekend update and a few other things....

 I thought I would start with this cute braided hairdo I tried out today. It was super easy, just some backcombing at the crown to get the lift or "bump" and then two small braids attached from either side under the crown. I think it turned out really well, what do you think?


 Our Canada Day weekend turned out really well. We took a trip up Island to my parents and enjoyed getting back to nature. My parents are always great hosts, providing all kinds of delicious food and they of course love seeing the grandkids.

 We took all kinds of walks over the three days we were there and the rain held off for the most part, or at least it didn't rain on us while we were walking and for that I was thankful.

Here's a pic of Chris and my Dad with the kiddies. Aren't shoulder rides the best? I think I might be too big though......


Chris and I took a little hike up some cliffs overlooking the Salmon River for a great view of the Sayward Valley. It was so pretty up there and you could see for miles.


Who doesn't love a summer wiener roast?? Marshall was a little worried about the smoke getting him but Ella loved it(and loved the marshmallow part even more!).


We found (and my Dad captured) this baby cowbird just before one of the dogs grabbed it.


Chris and the dogs enjoying a run on the beach.


Phoebe checking out the view. So pretty there.


 Hope you guys had a great Canada Day weekend as well. The weather has finally taken a turn for the better here with two gorgeously sunny days in a row and apparently it's supposed to stay this way for a couple of weeks at least. I'm so excited to be wearing shorts! Summer was a long time coming this year.

The kids and I have been enjoying geocaching with our friends Dana, Aiden and Alina the last couple of days. What a great activity for kids. They get lots of outdoor exercise and get to search for (semi)buried treasure, so awesome, love it.

I have been continuing to walk in the morning and at night, and have actually started adding running back into the mix in the evenings too. Tonight I did 6km in 47min. Not super fast but it's a combination of running and walking and I will only get faster. 

I'll leave you with some new running songs:

And one more, not a running song but I really like it:

Three things before I go:
 First: Happy Birthday to my MOM!!!! :)
Second: I added the option to sign up for email updates to this blog. All you do is enter your email in the box in the upper right hand corner and you will get an email telling you when there is a new post. An easy way to keep up and you don't miss anything.
Third: Don't forget to enter the giveaway in the last post. All kinds of good stuff to be had and it's FREE!

Tomorrow's Friday already...wow this week went by fast!

2 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures in this one! AND your hair-do. Simple yet very nice for casual summer time wear :)

    ReplyDelete