Monday, September 16, 2013

Motivation Monday

I took Saturday off other than a family walk but on Sunday I laced up my runners and headed out the door to put in my 5km. I threw in a couple of walking breaks but ran harder overall and did it in 37 minutes. I know this is not a fast pace but I'm new and slow and right now I'm still amazed I can run for five kilometers so it's pretty darn awesome to me. The trail that I run is always busier on the weekends so the running harder was much easier...I just can't run slowly by other people (I think it's that first born competitive streak...).


There is a 5K race coming up at the end of October that I think might be fun to do. It's a couple of hours away but I have family close to where it's at and I've been trying (without success) to get someone to run it with me. Timing is bad for some and others just plain don't want to. That's ok though, I'm happy to do it on my own and it's not like I make a great conversationalist when I'm running anyway. ;)

I love having a goal to work towards (again..classic first born) and having that race at the end of October will help keep me on track (get it? track?). I just need that little something extra to get me out the door and that race should do it.



Have a great week everyone....go get your fit on!





No comments:

Post a Comment