Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Making it happen

Today is day three back on track and I'm down 2.8lbs as of this morning. I know it's mostly water weight and that's ok, it's always encouraging to see it come off no matter what or why the reason. 

Monday morning I power walked 7km, Tuesday I ran 5km and this morning I power walked another 7km. Let me tell you, I was very surprised to be able to run 5km after not running for the last two months. I think once you've done it, it's much easier to go back rather than completely starting from scratch. I was red faced, hot and sweaty (it's hot summery weather here this week) when I got home but I felt awesome. It took me a long time to figure out my breathing and pace when I first started running but now that I know how to run I no longer feel like I'm dying...it just feels like a workout. 
 I'm generally a treadmill runner which is easier than running outdoors, but this run was outdoors and it was so nice. There is a lot more to distract your mind from your workout when the scenery is constantly changing, plus with the leaves starting to change colour as autumn gets closer it's really beautiful.


I've been changing my eating habits back to good ones too....a little less clam chowder and a little more grilled chicken and veggies.


I've also started taking a liver cleansing supplement again as well as a probiotic if I feel like I need it, and I've gotten a lot of sleep the last two nights...9 hours on Monday and 8 hours last night. I had serious sleep debt going on and it was starting to tell. My body is already thanking me profusely for these changes.

How is everyone else doing in the getting fit and healthy department? Anyone have some great new running tunes for me?



No comments:

Post a Comment