Monday, May 27, 2013

Motivation Monday and the winner of The Plan book


Happy Monday everyone! 



 If you've been following along than you know I that started The Plan diet on Friday, and that the first three days is a cleanse to reset your palate, help your body release toxins and reduce inflammation in your body. It was actually a little tougher than I thought. I had a terrible headache both Friday and Saturday which had mostly gone away by Sunday. I was also very tired and my back and neck ached. Chris was pretty much the same. This supposedly gentle cleanse was not really so gentle, but I was feeling pretty good by yesterday and I'm back at it today (mostly...my back is still a little sore). My recommendation would be to start this diet on a weekend when you don't have anything else planned. It was a bit boring for the kiddies to be hanging out with Chris and I while we were feeling under the weather but they did get lots of outdoor play time and when it rained it was time for cartoons and we all rested on the couch.

Today is day four and the cleanse is officially over and we have moved on to testing foods, today's test will be goat cheese which we will be having on our spinach salad at lunch. Also coming back today is tea/coffee along with wine and chocolate (um...hello...best eating plan ever!). I'm enjoying this very cup of tea right now, and yes, I've missed it.



Now here's the best news....Chris and I's final weigh in this morning after completing the cleanse:

Chris: a weight loss of 7lbs(!)
Mariah: a weight loss of 5.2

Isn't that amazing? That's in only three days and we ate a lot of food. According to the book we should be expecting a loss of a half a pound every day (yes, you weigh yourself every morning), if not than we are reacting to something.

So now on to the winner of the book giveaway.......drum roll please.......

Laurie Roseborough!

And just to sweeten the pot a little, when I tweeted about the giveaway on Twitter the very nice author of the book, Ms Lyn - Genet Recitas saw my tweet and was so pleased that she sent me another copy to giveaway so there are two winners today! The second winner is:

Jennifer Ball!

Congratulations ladies! Please send me your mailing addresses and I will get the books off to you asap.


Saw this post on Pinterest this morning and thought it suited today's blog post perfectly...


And remember to...


Once you know which ones agree with you of course. ;)


That's it for Monday's post....there was no exercise during the cleanse but I got back at it today with a 4km walk in the pouring rain. It was a short one because it was so wet (no fun for Marshall) so I may hit the treadmill tonight (you'll know tomorrow...haha). 

I hope wherever you are you're staying dry!




3 comments:

  1. Yay!! I won! Where do I email you at Mariah?

    Jen Ball

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I just saw this Mariah!! woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations ladies, hope you enjoy the book and please be sure to let me know how it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete