Friday, September 28, 2012

Thwarted again!

  Today is my 100th post! :)

 I had planned to go to out of town yesterday to do some shopping for my nephews birthday party, but if you read yesterday's blog post you know that was thwarted thanks to vehicle troubles and a broken gas gauge. Today is a Pro D day for Ella so I thought it would be fun for the three of us to go today instead but I've been thwarted again, this time thanks to the alarm going off on my septic system. Now I'm sitting at home all day waiting for the septic guy to show up and trying to keep two little kids entertained. Such a pain but such is life....

Today's outfit of the day is casual. I almost went with my boots today as it's kind of overcast for a change and I might have been able to pull it off without getting too hot, but in the end I decided on my flats.







Sweater: DKNY
Camisole: Bootlegger
Jeans: Warehouse One
Flats: Liz Claiborne
Necklace: Wal Mart discount bin (I always have good luck there).


Because of the septic I wasn't able to wash my hair this morning so back up in a bun it went. Fourth day hair doesn't need to be down. :S I used to have to wash my hair everyday but it's amazing how many days you can go with a little training. You have to put up with some greasy hair at the very beginning but I can easily go three days in between now and it doesn't get greasy. It's actually not even bad today and with a little dry shampoo I could have worn it down no problem.
This hair is really easy. I just teased the crown a bit, pinned the fringe with a good sized bump at the front, then put my hair up in a high pony. Next I removed the pins holding the fringe and slipped on the headband so it leaves quite a bit of hair sitting up behind the band. Then I pulled the pony a little bit tighter to keep the hair with some decent lift and then twirled the pony around itself and secured it with a couple of small jaw clips. Finish with some hairspray and you're done.









I had a good long chat with my mother the other day and she's been having a rough week with news of two friends with cancer. I can't imagine having that news dropped on me, so hard, but I suppose you don't have a choice but to deal with. A good reminder though to never put off what you really want to do or say for another day. This quote fits aptly:




I hope you're all enjoying your Friday and have great plans for the weekend. My Friday plans have definitely changed over the years:


It's the job that never ends my friends but I wouldn't change it for the world.

Cheers!






2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I can't believe you can go so long in between hair washes. I would need some SERIOUS training! Is there a secret?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just have to endure some greasy hair at the beginning and pretty soon it just stops producing so much oil and you can go longer and longer.

      Delete