Saturday, October 6, 2012

New restaurant review and some songs

 We decided to check out Asiana Pho today. It's a local place here in town that just opened a couple of months ago. Lee's Chicken occupied this particular space in town for years but they recently changed to a brand new location and this new Vietnamese restaurant has taken it's place. I wasn't entirely sure what to expect and trying out new places with little kids can sometimes be hit or miss. This was a hit. The food was really tasty, everything was very fresh and was a very nice change from the local eateries in town. It's nice to have something a little different. The portion sizes were huge so you definitely get your money's worth. Everything that we tried today was very flavourful but not spicy so it was perfect for the kids and we all just shared everything at the table.


The menu is a piece of paper that is set under the glass on the table which I thought was a good idea. It's easy to read and easy to keep clean.


We tried the Bulgogi which was excellent:


We also had a couple of shrimp salad rolls, some miso soup and Vietnamese Pho beef soup:


And beef szechuan noodles:


I didn't have a single complaint about the food, very tasty and very fresh.

The ambiance of the restaurant could have been better. There was no music or anything on in the background so it was very quiet and you could easily hear other people conversations which makes it feel a bit awkward. 
The service was ok. Our server wasn't very knowledgeable about the menu (perhaps she was new??) and didn't seem all that comfortable.
Overall I would definitely go back as the food was so good and they also do take out which is nice.

Now for some tunes!
I'm so so excited about the new James Bond movie coming out next month! I love Daniel Craig as Bond and have been waiting on this one all year. They just released the new theme song done by Adele and I think it's perfect. What do you think??

LOVE Taylor Swift's new single:

Looking for a new workout song?

Have you heard the new AWOLNATION? It's a good one:

How about one that sounds like a throwback to the 80's?


The leaves are starting to change here and the nights are crisp. Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving weekend planned. :)




2 comments:

  1. I love that you post songs. I have a hard time getting on here often enough, so I typically just listen to your music posts while I read through the several I've missed. It's a nice way to spend 15 minutes of my day. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete