Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Some product reviews

 I have so many product reviews I can't wait to share with you! I LOVE doing product reviews on anything beauty related...it would be my dream job. :)

 Today I just have a couple of polish reviews and a creme eyeshadow review. So many more to come, I just have to take some pictures. I should start getting them really going in the next day or two.

 The first polish review is for Revlon, and I have two that I used together. I put on two coats of #271 Extravagant and one coat of #271 Sparkling over top. The Extravagant is a gorgeous mauve pink colour with a pearl finish and the Sparkling is a close colour match glitter polish. I am really impressed with the Revlon polish. Extremely good colour, with equally as good coverage and staying power. I am a big OPI fan but if all the Revlon polishes are as good as this one than I would say they are definitely give OPI a run for it's money. And speaking of money these polishes are less than $5 so it's a real savings over OPI. I will be trying out some more colours shortly and will keep you posted.




The next polish is another first for me. It's Quo by Orly and the colour is Femme Fatale. This is an awesome neon pink colour that really pops and is great for cashing in on the current neon trend. I have used Orly polishes before and have liked them but this is the first time I have used the Quo by Orly. Quo is the Shoppers Drug Mart cosmetics brand. The description on the bottle says: "A fast drying, long lasting, high gloss nail polish". I will definitely vouch for the fast drying. I did two coats and by the time I was done my second hand the first hand was completely dry, not mostly dry, but completely dry. I was impressed. It is definitely not high gloss though, it tried to a matte finish as you can see in the picture. I will be putting a top coat on it for the nice glossy effect. They had some good neon colours that I haven't seen in the other brands which was nice. The price point was just over $10 so a little higher thanks to the Orly name I'm sure.



My next review is for Maybelline's Color Tattoo creme eyeshadow. I have two fairly basic colours that you can see in the pictures here. The colour on the right is 45 Bold Gold and the colour on the left is 15 Audacious Asphalt.


I've done a colour swatch here on my arm so you can see how they look when applied. Remember you can click on any pictures on this blog to make them bigger.


I am really impressed with this creme shadow. Creme shadow typically doesn't last that long and end up creasing very quickly but this has some good staying power and with a little primer underneath it really lasts. The packaging says 24hr but of course who wears their shadow for that long. 
 They had some really good bold colours that I may go back and get, purples, turquoise, blue etc... Shoppers Drug Mart is actually having a sale right now and while these shadows are usually $9, they are on for $5 so if you like them than I would get in quick. They get a big thumbs up from me!

I had some fun times over the weekend that involved a couple of drinks and some chips and then I went to see Snow White and the Huntsman last night with my friend Dana from The Spotted Owl and indulged in popcorn so the weight loss hit a bit of a stall. In fact, when I got on the scale this morning I was up two pounds. I know it is just bloating from the salt(my rings were tight this morning), but still I do NOT like to see that. Today I got in a good one hour power walk and I have been drinking lots of water and eating watermelon to help flush the salt out of my system. I realize that this is just a part of life and while it's ok to indulge it's also important to get back on track so that is exactly what I'm doing.

I made a really yummy dinner last night, my first attempt at Shrimp Pad Thai and I was very happy with how it turned out. Chris is of course my gauge on how good things are and he had a second helping so a success all the way around. There is a bit of prep involved and then things go together quickly but I really recommend you try it, so delish. :)

Last but not least I leave you with a picture of my sweet Marshall. He was tired so went into his room and got his blankets, pulled the cushion off the couch, made himself a little bed and went to sleep. I didn't cover him up, he did that all by himself. He likes things cozy and always makes himself a little nest in his crib. Even as a little baby he would pull the covers up and over his head to go to sleep. He melts my heart this little guy. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment