Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Some of my current reads

I haven't been reading a lot of fiction lately, more lifestyle and how to books. Most nights I'm too tired to read more than a few pages so these kinds of books are perfect. Also when I read fiction, if I like the book than I can't put it down and will literally read it all the way through, kids playing at my feet and my bedside light on all night long. It feels like a marathon but I tend to tackle most things in my life that way....all or nothing.


I'm reading this book French Kids Eat Everything (And Yours Can Too) by Karen Le Billon right now and I'm really enjoying it. She is a local (sort of) author based in Vancouver and is very down to earth, not preachy and after having a perfect eater like Ella and now a super picky eater like Marshall, I can definitely relate to her and her two children.


Not long ago I posted about looking for Natural beauty products as a more gentle and less toxic alternative to some of the things I (and many others) are currently using. I'm finding some really great products and after testing them for a little longer I will be doing a blog post reviewing them. During my search I came across this book The Honest Life: Living Naturally and True to You just recently released by Jessica Alba and I'm really enjoying it. Lots of great information and tips without expecting you to live a completely alternative lifestyle. I highly recommend this one.



I love my make up and I am always searching out and learning new ways to apply it. This book Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual: For Everyone from Beginner to Pro has a large section at the end for make up artists (something I have always been interested in) which is why I picked it up.




 I just finished this one and it was quite good with lots of basic information but still some good advice and tips for the more fashion savvy.



I just finished this one and was a little disappointed to be honest. I had read her first book Bringing Up Bebe which had some good and some bad in it but was worth the read, but this one felt like she was just trying to milk the success of the first book. Give this one a pass.





One book I'm really excited to read and is definitely on my wish list is Dan Brown's new book due to be released on May 14th. I have read every book by this author and he never disappoints, they are always gripping from beginning to end and leave me in need of sleep (see above) by the time I'm done.






What are you reading right now? I'm always looking for recommendations so please share. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment