Monday, April 15, 2013

Motivation Monday

Love this...


And it was me last week. I walked 7km Mon, Tues and Wed morning and then Ella got very sick and was home from school so there was no going anywhere. And the running part? I got on my treadmill and ran 5km on Mon, Tues, Wed and Thurs night. The very best part of that is that I ran straight through, no standing on the edge to catch my breath when the program I've been using sped right up at the same time as the incline increased (yet again). I was so very proud of myself. It may not be much to people who already run, but for me who has never really been a runner, and struggles every. single. time. it was a huge accomplishment. It really made me feel like I could do it. 

I definitely struggle with the mental side, and during runs I usually have a running (pardon the pun) commentary going in my head telling me to keep going...just a little bit further/longer...you can do this...blah blah blah, and it works.



I did lose that last pound to get me back to my 10lb loss before the Spring Break/Easter weekend debacle, so now I am back at square one. I would have lost more if my eating had been better and if I hadn't let loose this weekend, enjoying pretty much anything I wanted.

I did an ab workout on Friday that I am still feeling today and I walked 7km this morning so back on track. Weekends are tough hey? Especially if you travel, which I did this weekend.

Another beautiful day here today (we have been so lucky this spring), hope you are getting some sun too.

Let's hit it hard this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment