Friday, January 11, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins


I'm just sitting down with my second mug of tea and fighting serious guilt about it because I have so much to do around here. I shouldn't be in front of the computer but ah well....bringing you this recipe is more important right now. ;)
These muffins were delicious, seriously, no one in the house could keep their hands off and although I had doubled the batch and planned to put some in the freezer they just didn't make it that far. They are definitely going into a regular rotation here, so good, so simple to make...done.


Here's the recipe:

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins:

1 1/3 c all purpose flour
1c sugar
1/2tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2tsp baking powder
1Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
2 eggs
1c canned pumpkin
1/2c melted butter
3/4c mini chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray or you could use muffin liners.
3. In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice.
4. In another medium bowl combine eggs, pumpkin and melted butter. Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Spoon batter into muffin tin and bake for approx 20 min. Check with a toothpick for doneness, you may need another minute or two.
Enjoy on their own or with a bit of butter, so good. :)





I've been doing quite a bit of cooking and baking this week and am excited to bring you some other recipes. I have managed to continue with the early to rise part of my changes to 2013 but the early to bed? I just can't seem to make it happen. Every morning I get out of bed I say to myself "I'm going to bed early tonight" but by the time I'm finished my chores and have played around on the computer a bit it's nearly midnight. Gah! 

Today is day two of glorious sunshine and I have missed it like you wouldn't believe, the rain is nice occasionally but we get a lot here and it can drag you down. I'll take a sunny and lightly frozen day over rain anytime.

Ok, enough computer time...I'm back at it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment