Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag review for June

 I've been meaning to get this blog post done for awhile as I've had the bag for several days now but got a little behind. 

Here goes!

I think the bag design this month is super fun and I was delighted to see that all the products were full size, this is the first time that's happened.


 I really like this creme blush from NYX in the colour natural. It's a pretty peachy blush that goes well with my (and probably most) skin tones. It had good pigment and staying power was pretty good. I've used it several times and it's in my regular rotation at the moment.


I'll be honest, I haven't even used this eye shadow palette and I probably won't. It's just straight glitter and I think meant for a much younger age group than the one I fit into. I did try it on my hand to see how it was and there was glitter everywhere....pass...


This highlighter pencil from Chella in Ivory Lace is a winner for me. It's smooth and creamy and felt very good in my water line (great way to brighten your eyes). It's also easy to blend on the brow bone and down the nose etc..


This lip pencil from Starlooks (in the colour Tipsy) was a fail. The colour was not the same as the pencil end showed...more of a bright coral orange colour which although not my style I did try out and immediately I felt a burning on my lips. Off came the pencil and into the trash it went!


This gel liner from Cailyn came in purple and I just realized I don't have an actual picture of the colour, sorry about that. It gets one thumb up from me. Pros: the colour is good for me and it lasts and I like the liner brush that comes with the bottle. Cons: packaging is cheap (it's plastic not glass) and squeaks when you open it, and you really have to build the colour up with several coats.


This was my third Ipsy bag and I think that's enough for me. While I love getting a monthly treat I do find that make up is a bit harder to match up properly. I would rather take the $15 ($10 if you live in the US) and spend it on products that I choose myself.

Any other Ipsy subscribers out there? What do you think? Do you love, hate or feel indifferent about the glam bags?


Update on The Plan diet: I'm down another .8lbs so that puts me at 12.4lbs now...almost into the teens! I feel so great on this diet, lighter overall and my skin is SO much better. If you live near a Costco I'm finding them excellent for stocking up on veggies. They have lots of great organic options and really good prices, be sure to check them out.

I found this bikini from Agent Provocateur and I love it. What do you think? Too lofty a goal for a mother of two in her 30's?? 


Of course it may as well be from Agent Out of My Price Range because it's almost $400 but it's good to have goals. ;)


Hope you're having a great Tuesday (Ella's last day of school today and then the schedules go out the window!), I leave you with a song:

Loving Serena Ryder lately and this song doesn't disappoint..





No comments:

Post a Comment