Saturday, May 25, 2013

The rest of Day One and the beginning of Day Two of The Plan diet

Here's a little update on how things are going. It was an all veggie day yesterday and will be again today. While I thought that I would feel really hungry after last nights dinner I actually felt pretty good in that respect. 

We had this very tasty Carrot and Beet salad with pumpkin seeds...


Sauteed kale with shitake mushrooms. I will say right now that I am not a fan of kale. I know that many people tout it as a superfood but it's tough and hard to eat and not that tasty to be honest. Cooking it helps with the tough part but doesn't do much for the flavour.

.

Enter the Spicy Coco Sauce. This stuff is delicious (in fact one person made a quote in the book that they would eat kitty litter if it had this stuff on it). I omitted the cayenne pepper as I don't like really spicy food but otherwise followed the recipe, and this made that kale go down just fine.



I had the worst headache last night. You know how yesterday I said I had a mild headache? Well it just grew and grew until finally I took an ibuprofen just before bed so that I could sleep. I tried to tough it out, I really did but it hurt bad. The book says to take acetaminophen rather than ibuprofen because you retain water with the latter but it was all I had and from past experience the acetaminophen just doesn't work for me anyhow.

I ended up going to bed early and slept for nine hours straight and Chris did eleven and says he could go right back to bed. Clearly we are in detox/healing mode!

At weigh in this morning I was down one pound and Chris was down an incredible 4.5lbs!

We are missing our coffee/tea but it's for the greater good and will be back on Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment