Friday, May 24, 2013

Prepping for The Plan and the beginning of Day One

I did all my grocery shopping yesterday in order to be properly prepped for today, which is Day One of the The Plan diet. It was a whole lot of veg and seeds/nuts (pumpkin, sunflower, almonds) as you can see....


I also picked up the supplements that I will be taking, all of these were found at Wal Mart so don't think you have to go to a health food store to get them. When choosing a probiotic make sure that is has between 30-50 billion active cells, the MSM is for inflammation and apparently really makes a difference for people with allergies, arthritis and anything else caused from inflammation. If you can't find this liver health supplement you can pick up Milk Thistle on it's own and you can find it almost anywhere, or you can drink dandelion tea.


I was up fairly late last night (only because I chose to watch Game of Thrones instead of getting to it earlier... :S) prepping food for today, and the following two days (the beginning of the diet is a three day cleanse to calm your body, detox, and reset your palate).

I made this flax granola with some dried fruit which I then had for breakfast this morning along with rice milk and some fresh blueberries. Chris wasn't a fan of the granola but I liked it. The book says it really grows on you so give it a few days...we'll see if that's the case with Chris.

The flax is good for keeping you regular, especially if you tend to rely on your morning coffee to do that as there is no coffee for the first three days...remember you're detoxing.


I also made the Carrot and Ginger soup, which I am currently eating as I type this blog post out (forgot to add the sunflower seeds on top before I took the pic). It's very tasty and has great flavour, especially for something that has no salt. Again this soup is great for inflammation and is something you can use to calm your digestion down if you end up eating something you're reactive to.


Lunch will also include a green salad with lemon and olive oil as dressing as well as some pumpkin seeds, and some sauteed broccoli. I have been doing well as far as hunger so far, the cup of flax granola I had this morning contains 40grams of protein so I'm sure that helped to keep me full.

Also, many glasses of this....


Water with lemon is my new BFF at the moment.

When doing a detox there can be a few side effects or signs that your body is getting rid of toxins and they come in the form of fatigue, headaches, irritability, digestion issues etc... It's only day one for me but I do have a mild headache, we'll see how the rest goes.


So that's it so far...halfway through day one. I'll be posting daily updates so you can see how things go and if you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments section below.

Happy Friday!


1 comment:

  1. Excited to see how the rest of day 1 goes, and onto tomorrow! Fingers crossed I win the book ;)

    ReplyDelete