Thursday, May 16, 2013

Christmas in May?

If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook than you know that it's been like Christmas around here for the last couple of days. All three of my monthly delivery programs came in two days (yay!). 

The first was Shoemint and I feel like I have been waiting for these shoes forever (although delivery only took about a week ;) )...Lynne is the perfect summer sandal...cool, comfy and a little bit funky.


Love the shoebox, extremely sturdy so I keep them for storage.


I LOVE how well Shoemint packs their shoes. There is no bending or crushing or creasing, they arrive like someone really cares.




Look at this...even a little bridge to hold the shoe just so.




Love them. :)



The next two arrived the following day...this is what was in the Ipsy bag:


Every Ipsy delivery comes in a fun make up bag and I really like this months, really fun colours.


Look at all those goodies...


I like the products in this months bag much more than last months.


A hair finishing serum from NuMe:


 A pretty mint green polish from Zoya:


I like Zoya for these reasons:


Some concealer from Yaby in the colour Buff. I haven't tried this yet but I think it's a good colour match for me.


A full size lip gloss from Juice Beauty, an organic company from California. This gloss is a great everyday colour and feels (and smells) good on the lips.


Luminizing body butter from Pacifica...this stuff smells like summer to me...all coconutty beachy goodness.


I have it on the lower half of my hand here. Just a very light sheen and really moisturizing...I'm a fan!



And the Julep box:

I wish you could see how sparkly the paper was....so pretty.


This month was a 1920's jazz theme...perfectly timed with The Great Gatsby playing in theatres right now (I will be watching it this weekend - see trailer here).


There is always a surprise gift that you don't know is coming..this month it was these cute hair pins...so fitting I think.


Love this trio of lipsticks..


Looks like an old cigarette box...so cool.


I tried out all three colours and here is what I found: the colour on the left is Charleston and although it doesn't look like it, when you put it on your lips it has kind of an almost fuschia colour. The middle is Sweet Lorraine and while it looks like a bright bubblegum pink colour it is much more sheer and actually just leaves a hint of a pretty pink colour...great for everyday. The colour on the right is Lady in Red and it is super pigmented...a little goes a really long way and it's a beautiful true red, I really like it.


 This is me wearing the Lady in Red.


Last but not least was the polish itself...wrapped up so cute as usual. 


The colours I received this month were Zora (left) and Myrtle (right), both fit right into the jazz theme and both very wearable.



So happy with all three of my deliveries this month, not a single disappointment. :)

If you want to try Julep for yourself the first box is free. Just click on the link above and use the code FREEBOX and it's all yours!

Hope you're having a great Thursday!







No comments:

Post a Comment