Thursday, April 11, 2013

My current hair care favs


Paul Mitchell hair care products and I never used to be friends. Many people love the line but it  was always mediocre at best when it came to using it on my hair. I would have to wash my hair every day because it got oily so quickly, it never worked up into a nice lather, and I always felt like my hair never really got clean. That has since changed.

I was lured into trying PM again because this Tea Tree Lavender Mint shampoo and conditioner smells sooo good. It's like being at a spa...fresh, clean and organic. I like all the tea tree scents (lemon sage and tea tree special) but this one is my favourite. The best part...it works! I can wash every other day (every third day with dry shampoo) and my hair feels so soft and smooth.



A huge component to my hair being soft and smooth is this Forever Blonde Dramatic Repair leave in spray treatment. This my friends is the bees knees. Just spray through your hair (concentrating on the mid to ends area) while it is still damp and reap the benefits. I use this on Ella too, who has always had dry flyaway hair and it has made a real difference.




I use the above three products every time I wash my hair.


The next three products I use depending on what style I am going for. This Hot Off The Press thermal protection spray works incredibly well for curling your hair. I spray each individual piece of hair before I curl it and the hair is protected from the heat, the curls are smooth, and they last...like all day long and even into the next day. I have difficult to curl hair, usually curls start falling out within the first hour but this really gives them staying power. It also works well for straightening.




If I'm looking for volume than my go to product is TIGI Catwalk Your Highness Root Boost Spray. Just spray onto your roots when your hair is damp and style as usual. You get great lift that lasts all day.




While the above products are all salon products my favourite hair spray is a drugstore brand. Elnett Hairspray L'Oréal Paris is perfect to hold whatever style you choose. It's light, and absolutely not crunchy, and it goes away at the stroke of a brush. Normally when you use hairspray it's crunchy, flakey and sticky so I tend to avoid it or use just a little. This Elnett spray is not like that at all, it's almost  like not using a spray but you still get hold.
 I'm not a huge fan of the scent so will be buying the unscented stuff my next time around, and there will definitely be a next time around.




I would love to hear your thoughts on dry shampoos. I have been using the Dove brand for awhile and it works quite well but the scent is quite strong, it's not a bad scent but it would be nice to find something a little more toned down. What do you use/recommend?

The sun is back out after a morning deluge so I'm going to try to get the kids out for a run around. Hope you're having a great Thursday!


3 comments:

  1. Hey Mariah! Just wanted to stop by and let you know I nominated you for a Liebster award! You can check it out on my page :)

    Lindsey
    High Heels and Training Wheels

    ReplyDelete