Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Polka dot mani, walking, food, product, and some advice

Wow, this blog post today really fits the title of the blog...random, it's got a little bit of everything.
First let's start with the polka dot mani. I've had several people comment on this one and send me messages asking about it. It's super easy and looks really fun when you're done.


All you will need is:
A base colour of your choosing (the one I used is this gorgeous navy called Fashionista and it's by Revlon)
Toothpicks
White polish


Apply your base coat followed by two coats of the colour you chose. I was lucky with this navy colour and got away with only one coat. 
Wait until it is dried completely and then take a toothpick and dip it in the white polish. Don't have too much polish on the toothpick or you will end up with giant blogs that take up too much space and never dry.
Make sure and stagger the dots...three on the side, four in the middle and then three more on the other side that line up with the first side.
 They don't have to be perfect, this is just a fun mani.
Once the dots are dry just polish on a quick top coat to make sure your hard work lasts and voila...you have a lovely polka dot manicure.


Now for some product talk.
I have Maybelline's color tattoo shadow in several shades and I love it. It's really long lasting (even without eye primer) and has great pigment. 
The teal or aqua eye is very popular right now so of course I had to try it out. In an effort to make sure my make up didn't look totally 80's I used the teal as an eyeliner rather than putting it all over my lid. The colour I used is Tenacious Teal and I love how it turned out.


I also had to share a hair find. I love professional product, don't get me wrong but when I find something at the drugstore that works just as well you better believe I will be using that. I have tried different Tresemme products in the past, including shampoo and conditioner and haven't been all that happy with the results (the dry shampoo is terrible!) so I'm not sure what made me decide to try again. Holy, am I glad I did, this 24 Hour Body shampoo and conditioner is awesome, it does give great body and my hair feels amazing. This is a definite try if you are looking for a new shampoo/conditioner.


If you follow me on Instagram you probably saw this little drugstore haul picture. I haven't used everything yet so there will be reviews to come but there is one I have to talk about.


 The Hard Candy Flirtified  Roughn' it body scrub may be the worst product I have ever used, and I use a lot. The only good quality is the scent which is quite nice. Otherwise I may as well have rolled myself in butter. It took two showers to get it all off and I had to scrub the bottom of my tub. A definite fail and I immediately returned it.


Another pic posted to Instagram was this light version of Shepherd's Pie. It turned out so delicious so I had to share the recipe:




I've been getting out every morning to walk and the weather has been mostly good, even some glorious sunny days like this one.


 The snowdrops are coming up everywhere, really feels like spring is just around the corner.


My walking buddy needs a granola bar to entice him into the stroller, but once he's in there he's awesome.




And now for a bit of advice. This video has been floating around Facebook and I think the message is excellent so I'm sharing it with you. Watch it, you'll be glad you did.





Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment